Jehoash Presbyterian Church (JPC) began under a large oak tree in 1914 when the Rev. George W. Crabtree, a retired missionary and prison evangelist in the Presbyterian Church in the United States (PCUS), bought a few acres of land in the village of Catlett, Virginia. He built a home and began to preach the gospel, and God brought people to hear and believe.

In 1918, the church was organized with its first officers and Rev. Crabtree as the first pastor. Through the gifts of God’s people, a building was built in 1920. Pastor Crabtree’s faithful ministry continued until his death in 1940. Jehoash left the PCUS in 1967.

Next, the Rev. Warren Copeland pastored the church for many years, and the congregation built an annex in 1979. In a time of uncertainty following Rev. Copeland’s retirement, God provided fresh leadership with John Clair and the Rev. Jim Spurgeon. In 2017, the church made the decision to affiliate with the Orthodox Presbyterian Church and its Presbytery of the Mid-Atlantic. February 2022, the Orthodox Presbyterian Church announced disengagement with Jehoash Presbyterian Church.

While in transition, services will be suspended; but the sanctuary will be available for Sunday morning prayer from 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.

Jehoash Presbyterian Church is currently in the process of reorganizing and determining future endeavors in maintaining faithfulness and service to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Unknown Date – Jehoash Presbyterian Church